Congregational Residency Weekend + Distance Learning
Consultant facilitated residency weekend Nov 1-3, 2018. Consultant also provided professional development and support to congregational leadership before, during and after this weekend. Programs will be presented in conjunction with the staff and leadership of Shir Hadash to community members of various ages and demographics.
Dr. Emily Teck facilitated congregational programs, family services, professional learning, evaluation, clergy coaching, and workshops including:
- Early Childhood Educator Workshop
- Congregational Family Shabbat Service Friday Evening
- Shir Shabbat, Jr. “Tot Shabbat” Service Saturday Morning
- Religious Tefillah with students and families
- Religious School Parent Meeting Focus Group
- Religious School Teacher Workshop
- Culminating meeting with executive staff and lay leadership including committee and board members.
Consultant facilitated 6 videoconference consultations with professional and lay leadership before and after the weekend to plan, assess, and support the communities ongoing efforts to engage and educate young children and families. A primary focus of these meetings was to collaboratively design an implementation strategy for the congregational leadership to continue the efforts and integrate the insights of the residency weekend.
A one-year follow up check-in meeting was planned to review progress, and encourage accountabilities regarding specific responsibilities and goals discovered within the weekend.